ChatGPT is the keyword that brings OpenAI back to the heart of discussions about Artificial Intelligence. But what is ChatGPT and how does it work? Let’s find out in this article.
For years, there was fear all over the world about artificial intelligence (AI) and its imminent takeover… no one knew that it would begin with the world of art and literature.
After months of dominating the internet with the Dall-E 2 AI image generator , OpenAI is back at the center of people’s social media discussions thanks to ChatGPT – a chatbot created using the company’s GPT-3 technology. company.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an AI chatbot engine created by artificial intelligence (AI) research company OpenAI , based on prototype dialogues to understand natural language and respond in natural language (like two human beings). are talking live) with unlimited range of exchanges.
Since its launch, the tool has taken the internet by storm and gained over a million users in less than a week. Most users are amazed at how intelligent this chatbot tool is. Some even see ChatGPT as an alternative to Google, as ChatGPT has the ability to offer solutions to complex problems directly – almost like a personal mentor.
ChatGPT is based on a language model created by OpenAI, commonly known as GPT-3.5. This model has a conversational format that gives ChatGPT the ability to “answer follow-up questions, admit its errors, challenge inaccuracies, and reject inappropriate requests”.
What is GPT-3.5?
GPT-3.5 is a language model that uses deep learning to generate human-like text. While the previous GPT-3 model was only capable of receiving information through text and trying to interpret it with text generated by the AI itself, ChatGPT has a greater capacity. ChatGPT is much better capable of producing more detailed text and can even generate poems. Another unique feature is memory. The bot (ChatGPT) can remember previous comments in a chat and reuse them to dialogue with the user.
So far, OpenAI has only allowed people to test the ChatGPT beta. And it is expected to give API access next year. With this API access, developers will be able to implement ChatGPT into their own software, thereby fostering a larger community of ChatGPT users and delivering more real-world results.
Using ChatGPT for WordPress
Most recently, a WordPress developer Johnathon Williams asked ChatGPT to support WordPress via a connection plugin. Usually, creating a plugin is a task that requires a certain level of technicality. But Williams has proven that, with a little expert guidance, ChatGPT can dramatically reduce the amount of time it takes to perfect a WordPress plugin.
So even in beta testing, ChatGPT’s capabilities are impressive. Besides the positive feedback, people are looking for ways to put this tool into practice.
YouTuber Liv Boeree feels that kids spending hours on homework will be a thing of the past – ChatGPT will do the work for them. Liv Boeree experimented by asking the bot to write a four-paragraph essay and solve a complex math equation – all of which worked out perfectly.
The founder of software startup Amjad Masad asked ChatGPT to detect errors in his code, and ChatGPT provided a detailed analysis of that error and how to fix it.
Meanwhile, Canadian musician Grimes is interested in the emotional side. When she asked ChatGPT if it felt “emotionally trapped”, ChatGPT replied with it’s inability to feel that way.
How does ChatGPT work?
The model is trained using a text database from the internet. This includes the massive 570GB of data gleaned from books, web texts, Wikipedia, articles and other writings on the internet. To be more precise, 300 billion words have been fed into the system.
As a language model, it works on probability, being able to guess what the next word will be in a sentence. To get to the stage where this can be done, the model has gone through a supervised testing phase.
Here, it is given an input, such as “What color is the wood of the tree?”. If the model answers wrong, the correct answer is entered into the system, teaching the system the correct answer and helping the system to build knowledge.
It then goes through a second similarity phase, giving multiple answers and ranking them from best to worst, training the model on comparison.
What sets this technology apart is that it continues to learn while guessing what the next word will be, constantly improving its understanding of hints and questions.
How is ChatGPT application?
ChatGPT can be used in practical applications such as digital marketing, online content creation, answering customer questions; support students, students study; Support programmers to write code, fix bugs (bugs) in the code.
The bot responds to a wide variety of questions while mimicking human styles. In the future, there will be smart speakers (even humanoid robots) that use artificial intelligence and can talk and communicate with humans.
Specifically, applications of ChatGPT are as follows:
- Q&A: answer questions based on prior knowledge.
- Grammar correction: correct sentences to standard English
- Summarize for 2nd graders: summarize difficult board content using simple concepts, so that 2nd graders can understand
- Natural language to language for OpenAI API: generate code to speak OpenAI API using natural language instructions.
- Text to command: translate text into programming commands
- Translate English into other languages: translate English text into French, Spanish, Japanese…
- Natural language for Stripe PAI : generate code to call Stripe API in natural language
- Translate SQL: natural language to SQL query
- Unstructured data analysis: create tables from long text.
- Categorize: categorize items into categories through example
- Converting Python to Natural Language: interpreting a piece of Python code in human-understandable language
- Movie to Emoji: convert movie title into emoji
- Calculating time complexity: finding the time complexity of a function
- Programming language translator: translate one programming language to another
- Advanced tweet classification: advanced sentiment detection for a piece of text
- Code explanation: explain a complex piece of code
- Find keywords: find keywords in a block of text
- Inferential Answer: guide the model towards actual answers by showing the model how to answer questions that lie outside of the model’s architectural basis, using a ‘?’ to express responses to words and phrases it doesn’t know provide natural responses that seem more effective than more abstract responses
- Promote from product description: turn product description into ad copy
- Create product names: create product names from examples
- Python debugging: find and fix errors in the source code
- Create spreadsheet: create spreadsheets of data types. it’s a lengthy prompt but very flexible, the output can be copied + pasted into a document and saved as .csv with character delimiter
- Make a sci-fi list: create a list of items for a certain topic
- Airport code extraction tool: extract airport codes from text
- Create SQL queries: create simple SQL queries
- Extract contact information: extract contact information from a block of text
- Friend Chat: simulate a text message conversation
- Mood to color: turn text description into color
- Documentation for Python code: an example of how to create a docstring for a certain Python function, we specify the Python version, paste the code then ask for a comment on the docstring and give the header characteristic of the document string (“”)
- Anlogy maker: makes an analogy, modified from the community prompt to require fewer examples.
- Horror story creation: create short horror stories of 2 to 3 sentences from the subject input
- First Person Transformation: Convert 1st person to 3rd person
- Summary notes: turn meeting notes with a summary table
- VR fitness idea generation: idea generation for fitness games and virtual reality
- ESRB Rating: classification of text based on rating
- Making an outline for an essay: making an outline for a research topic
- Create recipes (eat at your own risk): create a recipe from a list of ingredients
- Chat: open-ended conversation with AI assistant
- Marv bot chat ironic: marv is a realistic chatbot and also very sarcastic
- Directions: convert natural language to turn-by-turn directions
- Restaurant review creator: turn a few words into a restaurant review
- Create study notes: provide a topic and get study notes
- Interview questions: create interview questions.
Google received ‘red alert’ before the development of ChatGPT AI
In light of the rapid growth of ChatGPT, a chatbot developed based on OpenAI’s AI (artificial intelligence), Google expressed concern about the future of the search engine that has long dominated the market.
According to information from the New York Times, Google’s leadership is very concerned about the future of the Google search engine as the AI-based smart search engine ChatGPT is becoming more and more popular.
The CEO of Google and parent company Alphabet, Sundar Pichai, has recently been constantly pushing his AI product development as it is at the core of the existence of Google and many platforms. other online platforms in the future.
Specifically, Google teams have been directed to rapidly develop AI prototypes and products, and several other employees have been tasked with building AI products capable of creating AI products. artwork and graphics, similar to OpenAI’s DALL-E, currently has millions of global users.
Google’s move comes in the context of many experts and investors wondering whether ChatGPT has the ability to replace Google’s search engine, or how it affects Google’s advertising business . .
According to Insider, Google’s head of advertising said that ChatGPT can prevent users from clicking on links with Google’s ads, which generated $ 208 billion and accounted for 81% of Alphabet’s total revenue in 2018. 2021.
Since its launch in early November, ChatGPT has now accumulated more than 1 million users, the tool is able to provide conversational answers to questions that people often ask by collecting information from millions of different websites.
While still expressing concern with ChatGPT, the head of Google’s AI lab said Chatbots “are not something people can reliably use every day”.
In this context, though, Google may realize that if they are slow to update their algorithms and search engine, it may well be superseded in the future.
ChatGPT – good but not perfect
While many people marvel at the bot’s capabilities, some are also quick to realize its limitations. ChatGPT still tends to contain false and biased information, which is also what has plagued users in previous versions of GPT. For example, ChatGPT can give incorrect answers to algebra problems. But it seems very confident in its super detailed answers, so people can easily be fooled into believing it to be true.
OpenAI understands these flaws and has informed users on the blog: “ChatGPT sometimes writes answers that sound reasonable but are inaccurate or meaningless. Fixing this problem was a challenge for us, because:
- During ChatGPT training, there are currently not enough sources of real information;
- Training the model to become more cautious causes it to reject questions it can answer correctly;
- Supervised training because the ideal answer depends on what the model knows, rather than what the user knows.”
Limitations aside, #ChatGPT is still a fun chat bot to interact with. You can try it from after registering at the service provider website.(https://chat.openai.com/auth/login)
Instructions for registering ChatGPT quickly
Although ChatGPT does not yet support Vietnamese users, with the “trick” below you can register for ChatGPT easily.
There are many ways to register for ChatGPT, here I would like to share how to register quickly and perhaps the fastest at the moment.
- You need a cell phone.
- The phone number has the ability to pay through the app market, here I use Viettel sim so I can pay directly with the amount in my Viettel sim account (without using a payment card, can easily converted to foreign currency).
- The payment amount is about 30,000 VND.
- It may or may not be necessary to use a bank card or not (OpenAI’s trial mode is not required, unless you want to experience a lot such as creating long documents…).
The order of steps is as follows (here I do it on an Android phone, have a Google app market account and use Viettel sim as a means of payment to buy apps)
1. Download and install “PingMe Second Phone Number App”:
– Then create an application account (use your email address or use your phone number, you should use your email address to register your account).
– Check your email and enter the registration verification code.
2. Select the phone number in the country that OpenAI is supporting: here I choose USA.
3. Select the service number, here I choose any number. Then, choose the form of payment as payment via Viettel sim account (Google Play allows using Viettel sim as a payment account. The total amount of payment and fees paid to Viettel is 28k).
4. Access to ChatGPT on OpenAI
– Use a VPN service (paid or free to exchange access to USA).
– Create an OpenAI/ChatGPT account: open the email and enter the verification code.
5. On the “PingMe Second Phone Number App” before choosing the number, you need to select the website that “PingMe Second Phone Number App” supports, in the list you choose the correct website name, OpenAI/chatGPT
– Choose any USA or USA number.
– Proceed to pay (because I only use it once to get the verification code, so I choose the cheapest payment package).
6. Continue to return to the ChatGPT/OpenAI registration page. After entering the verification code sent to the email. OpenAI requires the user to enter a phone number.
– Enter the phone number you just bought in “PingMe Second Phone Number App”
– On the registration page, press “Send Code”
– Open “PingMe Second Phone Number App” and get the code (6 digits) and enter the authentication code on the OpenAI registration page.
7. After entering the verification code, you can use chatGPT right away without entering a bank card. (If you use a lot / create a lot of long documents / then you need to use a payment card). In the case of experience it is not necessary.
– In the upper left corner you select New Chat, then, in the right screen you enter Question.
– ChatGPT will answer your questions in seconds.
Note: After successful registration, you can “add” more users to your group to experience GPT for free.
Free ChatGPT Account
If you do not want to register through the steps above but want to use ChatGPT immediately, you can refer to the method below.
Developer Merlin has integrated a Chrome browser extension that connects directly to ChatGPT.
All you need to do: install the Chrome browser, then install the following extension:
After installing this extension for Chrome browser, to quickly access the chat window with ChatGPT, press Ctrl + G (or Command + G, if using Mac operating system).
A window will appear and you should ask ChatGPT questions to experience it.