What is concept ? The elements that make up a concept, how to find an effective concept, the types of popular concepts… All will be in this article by Malu. Let’s follow along!
What is the concept of Concept?
What is concept?
Concept – translated into Vietnamese as opinion, concept. Depending on a certain field, the definition of what a concept is will change. For example, in marketing, a concept is the ideas, form, or content throughout a marketing campaign; In photography, a concept is a model of the layout or content, style of a photo shoot…
What is design concept?
What is design concept? Design concepts are often understood in two different ways:
- In the usual direction, Design concept is the choice of color, style, message content, intention of a marketing campaign or product/service, etc. that the designer wants to convey to customers and help customers. better brand recognition.
- In another direction, Design concept is the direction, deciding the direction or hidden message for marketing campaigns.
Where is the concept expressed?
For each specific industry, the concept will be expressed in different ways:
- For the field of journalism: The concept of journalism is expressed through the topic of each issue. For example, if the concept of this week’s issue is “Parents’ Liberation Day”, all articles and images will have to focus on selling closely to this concept.
- For the field of event organization: The concept in the field of event organization is expressed through music, lighting, food, stage setup…
- For the entertainment field: The concept in the entertainment field is expressed through the style of a music video or movie, fashion shows, music, reality gameshows… is melody, school garden youth, antiques. pages, horror, detective…
Interior field: Concept in the field of interior is the design style, school of design, interior and exterior, … of the building. For example, if the design concept is European royal style, then all materials, shapes, interior, exterior, etc. must sell closely to this concept.
Elements that make up a concept
Besides quality, modern consumers also pay special attention to the innovation, creativity, high-class and uniqueness of products/services/programs/shows, etc. that businesses provide. Not to mention, developing a new product/service is never easy.
Therefore, before launching a new product / service to the market, one of the important things that businesses need to do is to build a concept for that product / service. So what makes up a concept ? Instructions on how to find the right concept:
- Idea: Whether it’s a concept for a product/service, an image, a show, or a video concept, you need an idea. Only when an idea is formed can the concept be formed.
- Customer insights. Researching customer insights will help bring concepts that meet their needs better than competitors.
- The name of the concept. Helps to create trust as well as whether the concept is suitable for customers’ needs or not.
- Ability to tap into customer concerns. You need to know what your customers want, what they need, etc. to “scratch the itch”.
- Reasons to believe. Need to give customers a reason to believe that this concept will make your product/service stand out from the competition and also win the hearts of customers.
What is the difference between concept and idea?
By now, you must have understood what the concept is , right?. So what is an idea ? Why concept and idea are pieces of the puzzle to create success.
What is idea? Ideas are all the ideas that can come to mind to support the current concept. This helps to develop the program script in the best way. Your ideas can appear at any time and you choose to think and apply those ideas in the most appropriate way.
How to create a concept?
Step 1: Gather relevant information
This step of gathering information will help you get a lot of ideas for the concept. Thereby, helping the implementation process go faster.
For example, about the interior concept in the Mediterranean style. The information you need to find out will include: space style, color, layout, texture, form, … related to this style.
Step 2: Research information processing
After collecting the information, it must be processed and filtered to select the necessary details and characteristics that match your desired requirements, right?
Step 3: Understand the idea of each alternative
If you do not want your concept to go in the wrong direction and not be consistent in both form and content, you need to clearly understand each idea of each option that you have chosen.
Step 4: Filter ideas Concept Design
After choosing the right concept. You need to conduct filtering of concept design ideas to find the optimal, effective and most suitable solution for your customers.
Step 5: Presenting ideas
How can the construction team work effectively? Presentation is what you have to do. If the concept idea is not presented in a clear and detailed way, it will easily lead to errors or inconsistencies in implementation. From there, it greatly affects the program, campaign, cost, effort…
Step 6: Complete Design
It’s time to complete your concept design. In addition to the important details, pay attention to the details as well. Because just one wrong “knitting stitch” can ruin the whole “wool scarf” you have worked so hard to prepare.
This is a very important and necessary step. The purpose is to correct and change the unreasonable details in your concept.
Popular concepts in various fields
What types of concepts are there in content marketing?
What is marketing concept? What types of concepts are there in content marketing? In marketing, a concept is a strategic idea, form, or content. And marketing concepts are the directions and methods of implementing that concept. The purpose is to promote and support the company’s sales and businesses to be more favorable.
There are two types of concepts in content marketing:
- Selling concept – sales philosophy, developed with the short-term goal of helping businesses sell products/services in a certain time. At the same time, convince customers to buy and use your products/services instead of your competitors.
- Marketing concept: bring long-term goals, help support and overcome disadvantages for Selling Concept.
Popular fashion concepts
What is concept fashion? Concept fashion is the style, theme, and main idea of a fashion collection or photo set. Fashion is a fertile and attractive land, but also contains many risks. If you are active in this field, then master the knowledge of the following popular fashion concepts:
- Fashion design
- High fashion
- Korean fashion
- Mainland China Fashion
- Hong Kong style fashion
- May đo Bespoke/Custom/Made-to-measure
- Retro, Vintage, Bohemian (Boho), Minimalism – Less is more (minimalism), Maximalism
- Streetwear (street), Hippie (freestyle), Sporty (sports, active, healthy)
Popular types of video concepts
- Sports, cheerleaders
- Retro (classic)
- High school student, cute and innocent (concept videos are usually music videos)
- Instructions to do something
- Interaction (the video concept is pre-made content, but users still have the opportunity to interact by clicking on the links in the video directly)
- Review (review about a product/service or program, show, book, cultural – economic – political situation, etc. that I have used, experienced for other users)
- Animation (animation), Time lapse (time lapse), Silent film (silent film), Sitcom (short film)…
What concepts are successful advertising campaigns with?
- The concept of intimacy in Biti’s Hunter 4’s Go To Return
- The concept of sowing good fortune at the beginning of the year in OMO’s campaign “Happy New Year, dirty sowing good things”
- Tet concept in TVC music “What to do” by Viettel Pay
- Musical film concept in Generali Life Insurance’s Live As You wish campaign
- Concept video long shot in TVC Thank You Silent Heroes (For The Human Race) of Coca-Cola Vietnam
- TVC’s Storytelling Concept Making a Difference From the Original – The Coffee House
- Friendship concept in TVC Forever Friends by Acecook Vietnam
Hopefully through the article about what is a concept , you have found the answer to this question and have a better overview of the concept. Please share the article and follow us for more interesting updates!